RE: How do you this XML document to this other one (DTD to DTD)

Subject: RE: How do you this XML document to this other one (DTD to DTD)
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:43:32 +0100

> I think you are confused as to what XSL does.  XSL, or
> eXtensible Style
> Language is used to format XML for display.  What you want to
> do is reformat
> the XML, and this can be accomplished with a simple Perl, Python, ...,
> script.

On the contrary, I think you are confused. Transforming one XML document
into another is a completely legitimate use of XSL. Doing this with simple
Perl scripts is almost certain to fail on some valid input files: to cope
with all the things you might encounter (CDATA, entities, namespaces) you
need a very complex Perl script.

Mike Kay