Re: XFO Mapping...

Subject: Re: XFO Mapping...
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 15:08:09 -0400
At 10:40 AM 5/6/99 +0100, Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>It is
>unlikely that by this point you're going to be able to cage XML
>distribution into a single data model, and certainly not without killing
>XML+CSS, which allows people to throw any data model they want onto a Web
>page (XML+CSS considered harmful? :)

I'm afraid not - that's simply XML considered harmful.  'Balkanization of
the Web' and all that.  Popular topic about a year ago - I think Mark Pesce
had something about that on Feed that made a lot of XMLers see red.

I'll take semantic markup I can't understand along with a style sheet over
style information with no semantics any day.  At least in the former case I
can probably find an explanation somewhere and build a useful
transformation to something easier to work with.  In the latter case - oh
well.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies