Re: XML and ASP

Subject: Re: XML and ASP
From: Duane Nickull <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:47:50 -0700
Wendy:

We have a demo at:

http://www.cartnetwork.com/xml/store.xsp

that uses our own proprietary version of ASP called XSP (Xml Server
Pages).

We have based XSP on Perl/Unix/XML rather than a windows NT platform for
performance, reliability etc.

This demo incorporates a scaled up version of a Microsoft Demo but
allows the page to export a dynamically built XML file based on client
input.

You can also send the XML through a UNIX pipe or write to Standard
Output.

For anyone else interested in *.xsp, some of the advantages are that it
can seamlessly integrate with our e-commerce package.  We have
dynamically created a storefront in pure XML/XSL that interacts with the
Cart network bolt on e-commerce solution.

View the examples with IE 5.0.  NOTE:  THE DEMO SITE IS NOT COMPLETE!

Duane Nickull
XML GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC.