Re: <xsl-script>

Subject: Re: <xsl-script>
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 19:05:45 -0500
James Robertson wrote:

> Yes, the full copy of Omnimark is very expensive.
> But when you factor in all the real costs of
> using other tools, I think it stacks up pretty
> well.

No doubt that is true for you but most people will have a different
cost/benefit analysis.

> How many hours have people spent chasing
> the XSL spec now, and finding ways of making
> code work in broken implentations?

That's hardly any prediction of XSL's future. People chase the spec.
because they want to learn about what they will be using in the future.

> And XSL will never match the full functionality
> of Omnimark.

That's probably true. And Omnimark does not yet match the full
functionality of XSL. They use a completely different model and have
completely different strengths and goals.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Earth will soon support only survivor species -- dandelions, roaches,
lizards, thistles, crows, rats. Not to mention 10 billion humans.
	- Planet of the Weeds, Harper's Magazine, October 1998