Re: XML to RTF transformation

Subject: Re: XML to RTF transformation
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:46:15 -0500
Mark Owens wrote:

> Dear All,
> I am attempting to transform XML into RTF (for the purposes of generating
> Windows help) but I think I'm going the wrong way about it. My XSL
> stylesheet picks out the desired elements OK but it also contains lots of
> RTF codes. Is there a more elegant, simpler to maintain solution? Can FO
> statements be used?

If there was a FO to RTF converter then that would be a more elegant
solution. One day there will be. Today there is not. You could write it if
you wanted!

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

The dress code in Las Cruces New Mexico has been tightened [to] target
Gothic clothing, such as dark trench coats. "It is not a witch hunt"
Superintendent Jesse L. Gozales said. "It is for the safety of the kids
in our schools."  - Associated Press, May 16 1999