Re: XML to RTF transformation

Subject: Re: XML to RTF transformation
From: Steve Weyer <sweyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 08:33:16 -0400
>Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:17:07 +0200
>From: Mark Owens <mowens@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: XML to RTF transformation
>
>Dear All,
>I am attempting to transform XML into RTF (for the purposes of generating
>Windows help) but I think I'm going the wrong way about it. My XSL
>stylesheet picks out the desired elements OK but it also contains lots of
>RTF codes. Is there a more elegant, simpler to maintain solution? Can FO
>statements be used?
>Any help (examples?) much appreciated
>Regards
>Mark

I've been playing with Jade successfully, but it requires use of a DSSSL
style sheet instead of XSL to define the rules.  (there was a separate
"xslj" translator from XSL to DSSSL, though I think this hasn't been
updated/expanded in awhile).
  www.jclark.com/jade/

if you transformed your XML to tags that used an RTF DTD, you could use
  www.sema.be/mtc/products/rdc2rtf/index.html

there's also (though I haven't evaluated this):
  www.us.balise.com/products/balise/balise.htm

Steve
weyer@xxxxxxxx
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/index.htm