RE: XML and ASP

Subject: RE: XML and ASP
From: "Vun Kannon, David" <dvunkannon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 17:25:06 -0400
We have found no difficulty in pursuing the implementation of large (three
tier) applications, which use XML vocabularies for message passing
throughout, without recourse to  applications doing the equivalent of
	theXML = "<tag>" + myContent + "</tag>"
Every XML document is built via the DOM API or a stylesheet.
We do use XML texts during use case definition as a way of establishing a
"service level agreement" between the developers of the different tiers.
Both development teams sign off on "request.xml will elicit response.xml"
with explicit examples. This decouples the teams, allowing them to work
independently, secure in the knowledge that they need only produce the
agreed upon structures.
Cheers,
David vun Kannon
Manager, Financial Services Consulting