Re: CSS and XSL?

Subject: Re: CSS and XSL?
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:19:18 -0400
At 02:24 PM 6/12/99 +0700, James Clark wrote:
>The official and public W3C position on the relationship between XSL and
>CSS is available at:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/Style/Activity.html
>
>which says "The general aim is that the XSL and CSS Working Groups keep
>their formatting models compatible and their properties the same for all
>areas of functionality where XSL and CSS overlap."

Excellent.  I take it 'properties the same' covers vocabulary.  How long
has this been the case?  The 8/18 draft certainly didn't make this clear (a
note, which sounded uncertain), 12/16 made it sound probable (not, again),
and the latest draft sounds much more concrete.

At least XSL seems (now) to be on a rational track as far as vocabulary is
concerned.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications
Inside XML DTDs: Scientific and Technical (July)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com