Re: XSLT vs JSP

Subject: Re: XSLT vs JSP
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 09:27:24 -0400
Chuck Robey wrote:

> *authors*, not even editors, use troff ... if it is that simple, why
> cannot W3C make a markup system that is simple enough to describe it?

If you want something like TROFF in XML syntax then you could use the W3C
XSL formatting objects directly (without XSL). Note that this is
considered an unconscionable evil in some quarters. I wouldn't admit
online to having done such a thing.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"I don't want you to describe to me -- not ever -- what you were doing
to that poor boy to make him sound like that; but if you ever do it
again, please cover his mouth with your hand," Grandmother said.
	-- John Irving, "A Prayer for Owen Meany"