Re: Problem with FOP

Subject: Re: Problem with FOP
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:31:30 +0000 (GMT)
Gerald Colin writes:
 > toto_style.xsl
 >
 > <?xml version="1.0" ?>
 > <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";>
 >
 > <xsl:template match="/">
 > This a simple test.
 >   <xsl:apply-templates />
 > </xsl:template>
 >
 > <xsl:template match="data">
 >  DATA.
 > </xsl:template>
 >
 > </xsl:stylesheet>
 >
 > and when I use the comand :
 >
 > jre -cp fop080.jar;sax.jar;xp.jar;xt.jar com.jtauber.fop.apps.XTCommandLine toto.xml toto_style.xsl toto.pdf
 >
 > I have this error :
 > Java.lang.NullPointerException

You must have some formatting object containers around your
output. You are just diving straight into text, which isn't allowed. I
am not sure what a minimal set is (ie whether just
<fo:flow>..</fo:flow> is legal, or whether you need a fo:block etc)

The fact that FOP gives a Java NullPointerException is presumably just
temporary. It'll give you sensible errors one of these days, I expect.

I regret to say that the PassiveTeX stuff I announced last week
probably *would* process your file!

Sebastian