Re: Embedding HTML tags into XML

Subject: Re: Embedding HTML tags into XML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:57:49 +0100 (BST)
> and found that where I could just throw out <INPUT>
> in Cocoon, this isn't allowed with LotusXSL and I have to output
> <INPUT />.

what setting have you got for the result-ns attribute for the
stylesheet?

Your xsl stylesheet has to be well formed XML so you have to have
<INPUT />. (or <INPUT></INPUT>, or anything else that produces the same
Xml parse tree) as it appears in the stylesheet template.

However your XSL engine can write out that tree in anyway it likes.
If you tell it to use HTML4 it may (xt does, not sure about the ones you
mention) write out the tree using HTML conventions, ie <INPUT>
no matter how you wrote the element in the stylesheet.

David