Re: count nodes with xsl

Subject: Re: count nodes with xsl
From: "Chuck White" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:48:18 -0700
IE5 does not support the xsl:number element. You'll probably have to go into
the DOM IE5 supports and manage this stuff in script. Without knowing too
much about what you're trying to do, I would guess you'll want to access the
nodes like so:

YourNodeList = YourXmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("article")

This is assuming the "article" node is an element. You can use the "length"
property and "item()" method to manage a node list. I recommend going to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/reference/scriptref/XMLDOMNodeList_object.asp
for more info on how to manage node lists in IE5, and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/reference/xsl/start.asp for XML/XSL in IE5 in
general. IE5 is really quite different in the way it handles XSL than where
current standards are at.

regards,
Chuck White
Advance Recruitment Advertising, Inc.