Re: accessing the DTD

Subject: Re: accessing the DTD
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:44:47 +0100 (BST)
   > My DTD has the valid values but I can't seem to get
   > access to the set.

   DTDs are not in the XPath data model. DTDs are not well-formed XML. I don't
   know if that's the reason why. You won't have access to the DTD. Perhaps you
   could refer to the DTD as replacement text for an entity, and then do some
   voodoo with XSLT to parse that string?

You could do, but in this case, if you know enough about the dtd to
write a stylesheet that formats all the allowed elements, you probably
know enough just to enter the list of allowed attribute values into
the stylesheet. Sorry about the low tech solution:-)

David