Re: how to change xsl dynamically?

Subject: Re: how to change xsl dynamically?
From: "Garriss Jr.,James P." <jgarriss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:50:35 -0400
At 05:16 PM 9/8/99 , Michele Lee wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to call a different stylesheet (with the same xml document) based
>on a button click.  I know that Microsoft website has examples of this, but
>they seem to be Microsoft specific methods.  Is there a generic way for
>changing XSL dynamically?  In particular, I'm looking for something that will
>work with both IE 5 and Netscape 5 (when it comes out).

If an IIS or PWS server with IE5 and ASP is available, the code to dynamically assign an XSL stylesheet to an XML document is very simple. If anyone is interested, I can post examples. Please note that although the *server* requires IE5 and ASP, the client can use IE, Netscape, or whatever.

James Garriss | MITRE | jgarriss @ mitre.org