Re: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?

Subject: Re: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:28:58 +0100 (BST)
me> ...

DP> so....How do I persuade xt, say, to
DP> ignore most of an SVG document,
DP> and pick up something within that document
DP> with another namespace?
DP> E.g. I only want to write templates for
DP>
DP> select="rdf:Element-X"
DP>
DP> even if the SVG has an element with the
DP> same name?

The so.. doesn't follow as I was talking about ignoring stuff in the
stylesheet. You are talking about ignoring stuff in the source tree.

Er you do exactly what you put there!

If you have (eg on the xsl:stylesheet element, but anywhere
else will do as long as this attribute is in scope)

xmlns:rtf="the://namespace/uri/for/rtf"

then your select expression above will select elements with
the name Element-X and namespace the://namespace/uri/for/rtf
even if in your source document a different prefix is used
for the://namespace/uri/for/rtf (or no prefix at all if it is the
default namespace)

David