RE: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?

Subject: RE: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?
From: zun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:57:28 -0400 (EWT)
Hi DaveP, everyone,

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> David Carlisle wrote:
>
> >Actually i got that wrong, It _always_ ignores stuff from other
> >namespaces.

David is talking about stuff from other namespaces in the XSLT stylesheet
proper here.

> so....How do I persuade xt, say, to
> ignore most of an SVG document,
> and pick up something within that document
> with another namespace?
> E.g. I only want to write templates for
>
> select="rdf:Element-X"
>
> even if the SVG has an element with the
> same name?

You're talking about managing namespaces in the input XML.  You've got it
exactly though, but you would probably want to write a select="svg:*"
template to match all the SVG elements and toss them away.

. . . Sean.