FO: positioning

Subject: FO: positioning
From: Bovone Stefano <Stefano.Bovone@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:43:14 +0200
I hope someone of the W3C XSl Working Group con replay me:

how do the position properties work ?

What does absolute positioning work in a paged media ?

I can read in XSL WD:

absolute:

the box's position (and possibly size) is specified with the 'left',
'right', 'top', and 'bottom' properties. These properties specify offsets
with rispect to the box's containing block. .......

Which are the box's containing block ?

Is the area-container of a fo:flow a containing block and can I use it for
absulute positioning ?
How can I have an abosulte positioning in a page different from the first
page ?

Why couldn't a fo:block have height and width ? Why have I to use
fo:disply-included-container ?

I hope someone would like to answer me.

Thanks for all.
Bye.