Re: FO: positioning

Subject: Re: FO: positioning
From: Stephen Deach <sdeach@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:02:36 -0700
All areas have an (actual-)height and (actual-)width. For fo:block, the
(actual-)height is determined by its content. It is the actual height and
not the setting of the "height" property that is used in determining most
%-based size and positioning values.

At 14:43 1999-09-20 +0200, you wrote:
>I hope someone of the W3C XSl Working Group con replay me:
>
>how do the position properties work ?
>
>What does absolute positioning work in a paged media ?
>
>I can read in XSL WD:
>
>absolute:
>
>the box's position (and possibly size) is specified with the 'left',
>'right', 'top', and 'bottom' properties. These properties specify offsets
>with rispect to the box's containing block. .......
>

>Which are the box's containing block ?
>
>Is the area-container of a fo:flow a containing block and can I use it for
>absulute positioning ?
>How can I have an abosulte positioning in a page different from the first
>page ?
>
>Why couldn't a fo:block have height and width ? Why have I to use
>fo:disply-included-container ?
>
>I hope someone would like to answer me.
>
>Thanks for all.
>Bye.
>
>____________________________________
>Stefano Bovone
>Elsag S.p.A.
>Via Puccini 2
>16154 Genova Sestri Ponente
>Italy
>
>tel: 039 010 6582710
>email: stefano.bovone@xxxxxxxx; stefano.bovone@xxxxxxxxx

This e-mail reflects the personal opinion of the author.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official position of Adobe Systems, Inc.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official opionion of the W3C XSL Working group.
  Stephen Deach                            |  Sr Computer Scientist
  408-536-6521 (office)                    |  Adobe Systems Inc.
  408-537-4214 (fax)                       |  Mail Stop E15-420
  sdeach@xxxxxxxxx                         |  345 Park Ave