Re: XSLT Scripting?

Subject: Re: XSLT Scripting?
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:56:49 -0700
No need for scripting to accomplish this particular
example, you can do:

  <xsl:template match="TELEPHONE">
    <AREACODE><xsl:value-of select="substring(.,1,3)"/></AREACODE>
    <PREFIX><xsl:value-of select="substring(.,5,3)"/></PREFIX>
    <NUMBER><xsl:value-of select="substring(.,9,4)"/></NUMBER>
  </xsl:template>

Where the "." dot represents the current element, TELEPHONE
inside the template.
Steve Muench, BC4J Development Team & XML Evangelist
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml