RE: A FAQ question about non-Latin characters in XT output

Subject: RE: A FAQ question about non-Latin characters in XT output
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:26:11 +0100
 David Carlisle said:

>As the version with utf-8 encoded
>output is completely equivalent to an XML application.
>
>However, assuming that you will want that anyway, I think that the
>way to get this in XSL would be to change the output encoding
>from utf-8 to anything else which does not directly encode
>position  ć then this slot will have to be output
>as that (or the decimal equivalent)

Following Jarno :-)

You use the phrase 'which does not directly encode
position #x0107 '

Guessing: position hex 107 in the utf-8 list of ?characters?

What do you mean by 'encode' please?

The charset in the xml declaration I believed
to be one of inclusion/exclusion rather than
'encoding'. Could I loosely define encoding as
'not interpreting a character the way I want it to?'

This of course, accepting that xt doesn't obey
this instruction (yet).

Regards, DaveP