Re: replacing characters in a string

Subject: Re: replacing characters in a string
From: crism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Christopher R. Maden)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:39:03 -0700
[Edd Dumbill]
>This looks like a task XSLT doesn't do very well.  Does anyone's XSLT
>processor have a regex extension function in it?  If not, looks like one
>that would be a welcome addition...

As already noted, there is an intention to provide regexes in the future.
However, there's the problem that XSLT is fully internationalized.  What
does an international regex look like?  How does it handle combining
characters and ranges?  Given that we haven't figured out
case-insensitivity yet, I wouldn't hold my breath for regexes.

-Chris

--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Exemplary Technologies