Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)

Subject: Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)
From: crism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Christopher R. Maden)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:39:09 -0700
[Steve Schafer]
>>I think that one of the main points about the dsssl/xsl-fo kind of
>>abstraction is that it allows a formatter neutral specification of
>>style. If you were to enforce things down to the level of line breaking
>>then essentially you would only ever have one formatter available.
>
>Doesn't that go hand-in-hand with the idea of portability?

No, portability means that if a European designer makes a stylesheet that
looks good on his A4 printer, I should be able to handle it on my US letter
printer without anything running off the edge.  I should also be able to
look at it on screen without having to scroll back and forth, like I do
with Acrobat.

-Chris

--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Exemplary Technologies