ANNOUNCE: eXcelon 2.0 and Stylus (was RE: XML Server dream)

Subject: ANNOUNCE: eXcelon 2.0 and Stylus (was RE: XML Server dream)
From: "Carl Sjogreen" <sjogreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:34:33 -0400
> By server, I mean a process which would store XML documents not
> necessarily in their text format, cache a domlike structure and manage
> all the concurrency issues (yes, I mean transactional XML...).
>
> This server should be capable to process queries written in XSL-T, but
> also to process update statements (maybe as XSL extensions) and
> administration commands.
>
> Is my dream stupid or not feasible ?

<plug>

I think you are dreaming of eXcelon!

As some of you may know, Transformis LLC, the makers of the Stylus XSL
Editor, was recently acquired by Object Design Inc.  Stylus is now available
commercially as part of eXcelon 2.0, an application development and
deployment environment that includes our XSL editor as well as a server
product that does just what you are describing.

eXcelon stores XML data in a DOM representation, which allows you to fully
exploit the extensibility of XML.  It also includes an integrated XSLT
processor that allows you to easily deploy your XML data on the web, and our
editing tool to help you create stylesheets.

I would encourage you to take a look at the evaluation copy of the server
and XSL editor at http://www.odi.com/excelon.

If you have more specific questions I'd be happy to answer them off the
list.

</plug>

	-Carl Sjogreen
	 President