Re: A beginners question..

Subject: Re: A beginners question..
From: Rick Geimer <Rick.Geimer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:03:46 -0700
Joy,

Currenly IE5 is the only browser that handles XSL on the client side
(and an outdated version of XSL at that). In order to have browser
independence today, you need to do your transformation on the server. If
you want to use your existing IE5 stylesheet and are using the IIS
webserver, there is a good example of how to do a server side
translation for non IE5 browsers at the following URL:

	http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/xml.asp

If you want to move to the latest XSL spec, or are using another web
server, I would use something like XT or SAXON on the server side.

Rick Geimer
National Semicondcutor
rick.geimer@xxxxxxx