RE: Dynamic XML??

Subject: RE: Dynamic XML??
From: Ben Robb <Ben@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:56:20 -0000
Depends on your server....

If you are using IIS, you can call the FileSystemObject component to write
to a text file and save it directly to XML via some playing with ASP. I
don't think there is a package which checks whether or not your XML is well
formed, but you should be able to do that via a mixture of client site
javascript and server side VBScript.  You can also use the MS XML DOM to
write the whole page to the cache and then save it directly to the
filesystem. I've done that for new pages, and for amending old ones.

If you are using other servers, there probably is a way, but I haven't tried
it. I suppose you could write some CGI script to do the same job - after
all, you can get CGI to write to the file system, so doing the output in XML
format shouldn't be a problem, since XML is basically ASCII text.

Ben