RE: Dynamic XML??

Subject: RE: Dynamic XML??
From: "Williams, Murray Todd" <murray_williams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:11:59 -0500
As I think someone else said, it depends on the system you are using.  If
you are fortunate enough to be using Apache as a web server, you can use the
Cocoon project ( http://java.apache.org/cocoon ) to do XML->HTML conversion.
(Actually, Cocoon runs as a standard Java Servlet, so in theory it could
operate under other web servers with some tweaking.)

Cocoon is a really hot product.  It has a built-in caching system for static
pages.  It has a dynamic content generation system for creating dynamic XML
(ie. database queries, etc.) which then get parsed through XSL.  The current
system called DCP (dynamic content producer) works well right now.  It's
going to soon be replaced by XSP which will be really exciting to use.

Anyway, that gives you one alternative.  Of course, you can get one of a
host of free Java XSL packages and do the conversion job by hand also....

Murray Todd Williams