Re: Re:XSL FOs -> PDF using InDesign

Subject: Re: Re:XSL FOs -> PDF using InDesign
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:49:23 +0000 (GMT)
KAREN_LEICHEL@xxxxxxxx writes:

 > One thing I don't understand in all this discussion is why you
 > would even want to use InDesign.

because its there?

 > but why use a tank to do a jeep's job?

because we do not have a jeep to hand.

 > You still have to have Photoshop and Illustrator to do the
 > heavy-duty graphic fixes

not sure of the relevance of this. I have never used Photoshop, and
have not used Illustrator since 1986, presumably because I don't do
much bitmap graphics, and generate my vector graphics myself. what
does that prove?

 >  so you're into major money and memory to do
 > these things. The fact that InDesign is a "good" layout engine will
 > not be enough.

to be honest, even I can earn enough in half a day to buy all the
memory that I might need to run InDesign.....

Sebastian