RE: Stylesheet to view XML code in browser

Subject: RE: Stylesheet to view XML code in browser
From: Dylan Walsh <Dylan.Walsh@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:16:01 -0000
>Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:50:06 -0500
>From: "John Dreystadt" <jdreysta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: Stylesheet to view XML code in browser
>
>The IE5 implementation uses a default XSL stylesheet to display XML
>when no other XSL or CSS stylesheet has been selected. You can see and
>copy this stylesheet at
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/samples/defaultss/defaultss.xsl
>
>Of course, this stylesheet is using the Microsoft IE5 variant which is
>very out of date to the current standard.
>
>But it does all elements, text, comments, and PIs as you request.
>
>John Dreystadt

Thanks.

You can view it quicker by pasting this URL into IE5:
res://msxml.dll/DEFAULTSS.xsl

One thing the IE5 xml viewer stylesheet does is show the <?xml
version="1.0"?> tag. It uses <xsl:template match="pi('xml')>
I've tried using <xsl:template match="processing-instruction('xml')>
with XT, but it doesn't seem to match this.