RE: vendor neutral XSL extension namespace ?

Subject: RE: vendor neutral XSL extension namespace ?
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 13:15:39 -0400 (EST)
At 8 Nov 1999 10:46 -0000, Kay Michael wrote:
 > There is a problem in making such standard extensions totally portable,
 > which is that products (certainly both xt and SAXON) are currently using a
 > namespace to identify both the interface to extension functions and the
 > implementation. If we have multiple implementations of extension functions
 > with the same interface we need the namespace to identify the interface and
 > some separate mechanism to identify the implementation, in such a way that
 > you can say for a single stylesheet "The XT implementation of
 > http://xslt.standard-extension.org/node-set is at com.jclark.xt.extensions
 > and the SAXON implementation is at com.icl.saxon.extensions"

But as a user, I just want to have to know about
http://xslt.standard-extension.org/node-set, and I don't want to have
to include anything that knows about specific XSLT implementations.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632