RE: vendor neutral XSL extension namespace ?

Subject: RE: vendor neutral XSL extension namespace ?
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:33:10 -0000
> But as a user, I just want to have to know about
> http://xslt.standard-extension.org/node-set, and I don't want to have
> to include anything that knows about specific XSLT implementations.

Absolutely. Which means that as an implementor, I need to find some other
way of binding to a SAXON-compatible implementation of this interface. If
I've written the implementation, I could of course have a hard-coded list,
as I do with the core functions; but it would be nicer if a user or a third
party can say "Here's an extension function that you can use in your
stylesheets, here's the SAXON implementation, and here's the XT
implementation".

(It would be nice if the implementations of extension functions could be
compatible across products too, but that's a much harder nut to crack.)