RE: Wish List: Allow <xsl:choose> within <xsl:call-template>

Subject: RE: Wish List: Allow <xsl:choose> within <xsl:call-template>
From: Mike Brown <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:58:47 -0700
> I'm afraid that your variable definitions won't be visible outside
> their correspondent <xsl:when> clauses. I'd rather say:
>
> <xsl:variable name="par_one">
>     <xsl:choose>
>         <xsl:when test="$one">
>             <xsl:value-of select="$one"/>
>         </xsl:when>
>         <xsl:when test="$done" >
>             <xsl:value-of select="$done"/>
>         </xsl:when>
>     </xsl:choose>
> </xsl:variable>

I think I'm starting to see where Clark was going with this. The problem
here is that now $par_one is a result tree fragment consisting of a text
node with the string value of $one or $done. Maybe $one or $done was
actually a boolean or a node-set, for example. The template that $par_one is
passed to as a parameter is probably expecting a certain data type.