Re: Wish List: Allow <xsl:choose> within <xsl:call-template>

Subject: Re: Wish List: Allow <xsl:choose> within <xsl:call-template>
From: "Nikita Ogievetsky" <nogievet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:02:37 -0000
It was discussed on this list about a month ago.
In fact, scooping applies only on *template* level

Alexandra Morgan wrote:
> Nikita's snippit is interesting, but would it actually work? Section 11.5
of www.w3.org/TR/xslt states
> "...the binding is visible for all following siblings and their
descendants." I read this and took this to mean that once you've passed the
end of the element
> that's the parent of the xsl:variable element, the variable is gone...
which, in this case, would mean
> that $par_one is only bound inside the xsl:when. Not very useful, I
thought, but otherwise I don't know what they mean.

Nikita Ogievetsky
http://www.cogx.com