Visibility of parameters in templates

Subject: Visibility of parameters in templates
From: heiko.grussbach@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:13:12 +0100
Assume I have the following XSL:

<xsl:param name="right" select="//NAVIGATION//RIGHT_ICON/@REF"/>

<xsl:template match="//SLIDE">
     <xsl:variable name="extension">.html</xsl:variable>
     <xsl:for-each select="document(@REF)/*">
          <xsl:call-template name="Slide">
               <xsl:with-param name="$extension"/>
               <xsl:with-param name="$right"/>
          </xsl:call-template>
     </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Now, inside the Slide template, I can access $right, but not $extension. Why? Seems that extension is a local variable, but when I call the template
"Slide", $extension
should be well defined and not present any problem. So why do I get VariableReference out of context (in Lotus 0.18.5).
In this example, I could of course make extension global, but what if $extension should select something relative to the currently processed SLIDE
node?

Any ideas?

Regards

Heiko Grussbach