Re: Special entity characters in Shift-JIS XSL.

Subject: Re: Special entity characters in Shift-JIS XSL.
From: Nikolaj Grigoriev <grig@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:44:31 +0300
At 10:15 17.12.99 GMT, David Carlisle wrote:

>> I admire James Clark's XT, but I can hardly use it for Russian -
>> because there's no way to make it output anything but UTF-8.
>
>This is true (at least the second part is true) but that doesn't
>really mean that you can't use it for Russian, just that you
>need to clean the output up a bit.

You are right; "cannot use" is not a proper term to define my attitude
to Cyrillic-by-XT. I can; but it requires a couple steps more than it
requires for English. With SAXON, I type without taking care and
get a legible result after the transformation. And I do appreciate it.
(Maybe I am too lazy ;-)).

Regards,
Nikolai