RE: 7.1.5 Creating namespace declarations with xsl:namespace-decl aration

Subject: RE: 7.1.5 Creating namespace declarations with xsl:namespace-decl aration
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:16:29 -0000

> The spec is distinctly unclear what is supposed to happen if
> you copy a
> namespace node. xt doesn't support the namespace axis, and saxon does
> as a query, but doesn't seem to copy namespace nodes to the
> output (and
> It's not clear to me that it should, although that would be useful)

Yes, the spec is currently very unclear, and for some reason in SAXON I made
different decisions for xsl:copy and xsl:copy-of.

xsl:copy when the current node is a namespace node will copy the namespace
node to the result tree.

xsl:copy-of when the selected node-set includes a namespace node does
nothing.

So you could try
<xsl:for-each select="namespace::*"><xsl:copy/></xsl:for-each>

Mike Kay