RE: disable-output-escaping

Subject: RE: disable-output-escaping
From: "patrick honner" <sw_pat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:26:45 EST

An example:

XML
-------
<FRUIT>
    <NAME>Apple</NAME>
    <ESSAY><![CDATA[ <B>Here</B> is some HTML that I want to output
                     about <I>Apples</I>
             ]]>

    </ESSAY>
</FRUIT>

XSL
-------
<xsl:value-of select = "FRUIT/ESSAY" disable-output-escaping = "yes"/>

When using XT, the ESSAY section comes out as formatted HTML (that is bold and italicized text); when using cocoon, the tags are unprocessed (the <B>, </B> are printed literally).

Thoughts?

This approach and your use of the word "tags" usually indicates a flaw in
your methodology for generating HTML via XSL. Post an example of what
exactly you need to disable output escaping for. There is probably a way to
do it without jeopardizing well-formedness.