RE: Printing XML + XSLT (2nd try)

Subject: RE: Printing XML + XSLT (2nd try)
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:12:03 -0000
> A lot depends on your requirement. A program to do simple
> running totals can be written very simply [in a conventional report
writer],
> but in a way that is totally incompatible with future scope expansions.

I share that experience. It's important XSLT doesn't have similar limits to
its functionality. There are some such blockers at the moment, e.g. being
able to sum the values held in the nodes, but not sum the result of an
expression applied to the nodes: you can do it, but not by a natural
extension of the way you handled the simple case.

Mike Kay