Re: Printing XML + XSLT (2nd try)

Subject: Re: Printing XML + XSLT (2nd try)
From: Jeff Hamilton <jhamilton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:21:42 -0500
Hello,

	I am currently working on something similar to
this thread of discussion.  I too, would like to hear more.

	Also, a question that has arisen from my work in
this area.

	I am using XSL transformations to create a result
tree that can be processed by my renderer to create "text"
reports for old style cut form printers.  I use a XSL stylesheet
to format XML data and then render the output as a complete
document.  My rendering engine processes the document from
top to bottom to create the report pages.  Currently I am
using the MSXMLR.DLL.

	What would be the best way to handle a "re-occurring" area
of data in a report that does not run off the end of the page.  (Running
off the end of the page is fairly easily handled by <xsl:for-each>
instructions and checking to see if the end of page is near).

	For example the report would be:

	XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

	YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
	YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
	YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

	ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

where X and Z are static data and Y is re-occurring (but maybe more times
than the page can hold.)  For example, we only want 10 rows of Y on the
page and the 11th Y row to occur on page 2.

	Can somebody suggest some XSLT to only render 10 rows at a time
(or something to that affect.)

	Your reponse is appreciated.

Jeff.