RE: preceding sibling test

Subject: RE: preceding sibling test
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:15:03 -0000
> > 	<xsl:template match="PB_ITEM">
> > 	   <xsl:if test="not(USER = preceding-sibling::USER[position()=1])">
> > 	      <xsl:apply-templates select="USER"/>
> > 	   </xsl:if>
> > 	... etc
> >
> > 	but this always evaluates to true, so what am I doing wrong ?
>
> I wrote: The test will evaluate to true if the PB_ITEM has no child USER
whose
> string-value is the same as the string-value of the previous child USER,

Sorry, that explanation is wrong/muddled. The test will evaluate to true if
the PB_ITEM has no child USER whose string-value is the same as the
string-value of the USER element that immediately precedes the PB_ITEM
element. In particular, it will evaluate to true if the PB_ITEM is not
immediately preceded by a USER.

But the solution I gave was correct (assuming I understood the requirement).
Mike Kay