RE: xsl and url parameter strings

Subject: RE: xsl and url parameter strings
From: "Igor Nakshin" <inakshin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:00:50 -0600
> > What I am trying to get as a result is something like
>
> no, you're not! as xsl can only produce well formed xml and that is not
> well formed.
>
> You want to produce <a href="/webcv/system/usermanager/?a=0&amp;u=1"></a>
> which is the right way to express that url in xml syntax (and html
> syntax, for that matter)

I see what you mean...

> > The error lotusxsl is giving with &amp; is - The reference to entity "u"
> > must end with the ';' delimiter.
> well, it shouldn't.
> It looks like it is reparsing the string in which case it probably wants
> &amp;amp;u
> but if so its a bug in lotusxsl unless I am mistaken (which is not
> enitrely impossible this time of night)

The peculiar thing to me is the choice of & character denoting the entity
declarations
and url parameters... Would be nice if those were different, but...

The problem is solved, however. It was in the way I was using the lotusxsl.
I was using
the FormatterToHTML to create the XSLTResultTarget for the transformation.
Changed that to just create the XSLTResultTarget directly from the Writer
object and
the problem went away. Would have to hunt the code ouf of curiosity to see
what exactly
is going on there, but who has the time? :-) I think it has something to do
with the way
the processor deals with the characters set in
FormatterToXML.m_attrSpecialChars.
Also had to use &amp; for it to work.

Thanks for help!

Igor.