RE: XSL Processors in batch mode

Subject: RE: XSL Processors in batch mode
From: "Robert C. Lyons" <boblyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:09:24 -0500
Wendell writes:

> Does anyone know offhand if either XT or Xalan can run an entire
> subdirectory's XML files through a stylesheet from one command on the
> command line? What're the arguments to use?

XT can do this by invoking it as follows:

	xt source_dir stylesheet result_dir

XT will apply the stylesheet to each
file in the source_dir directory and
put the output files in the result_dir
directory.

Note that XT will re-parse the stylesheet
for each source file in the source directory.

The stylesheet should not be in the
source_dir. When XT creates an output file,
it will use the same file name as the
corresponding input file.

Let's say that your input XML documents
are in the IN directory, and your stylesheet
(xlate.xsl) is in the current directory, and you want
the output files to be placed in the
OUT directory. Then you would execute the
following command:

	xt in xlate.xsl out

I don't think that this XT feature is
documented. I found out about it by reading the
source code of the com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver class
(the 19991102 version of XT).

Bob

------
Bob Lyons