RE: XSLT performance - C++ vs. Java

Subject: RE: XSLT performance - C++ vs. Java
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:11:36 -0000

> I'm testing with the 640K "1998statistics.xml" file from the
> CD that comes with the "XML Bible" book and using the style sheet
> "baseballstats.xsl" from the same place.  On a relatively fast NT box I'm
getting
> times of 9 to 10 seconds.

If that's from the command line, then probably 5 seconds is for initialising
the Java VM and loading all the classes. If command line processing is what
you intend to do, that's fine, but don't extrapolate from this to an
environment where lots of stylesheets are being executed in turn (or a
single stylesheet is being executed repeatedly).

Mike Kay