RE: XSLT vs Omnimark

Subject: RE: XSLT vs Omnimark
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 09:07:27 -0500
Hi Paul,

Paul said:
XSLT is absolutely different concept.  I don't understand how those 2 things
could be compared. We are not comparing XSLT with perl, right ?

Didier replies:
Just to fix the clocks :-)

A) XSLT is a rule based language. A document tree is created, then pattern
are matched on this tree and template's content are included in the result
tree right?

B) Omnimark is a rule based language. But I am not so sure if it builds a
document tree.

XSLT template:
<xsl:template match="element">
...your stuff here....
</xsl:template>

omnimark rule:
element "element"
  	... put your stuff here....

In both cases the rule is fired when the rule's pattern is matched with the
document's corresponding node.

So Paul, Omnimark is nearer to XSLT concepts than PERL. To compare PERL with
XSLT is like comparing potatoes with oranges but comparing Omnimark to XSLT
is like comparing two kinds of oranges.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
Email: martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx