RE: Namespace Jungle

Subject: RE: Namespace Jungle
From: Linda van den Brink <lvdbrink@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:40:59 +0200
> Being very new at this I am really strugling with namespaces.
> Some of your examples xsl namespace points to: <xsl:stylesheet
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>
That namespace points to an old (very outdated) implementation of XSL in IE.

> but the rest of xml.com, w3c ect. examples points to <xsl:stylesheet
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
That namespace, if you add a version indicator version="1.0" to it, points
to the current W3C XSLT standard.

You should use the second namespace. If you want to learn XSLT you could
install the latest MSXML technology preview (March 2000), which supports a
subset of the current XSLT spec. I don't think it supports format-number yet
but you could check at http://msdn.microsoft.com

If want to use XSLT for a serious application, I suggest you use an XSLT
processor such as XT, SAXON, or XALAN. They support most or all XSLT/XPath
features.

No matter which tool you choose, use the second namespace