RE: Is there anyone who can help me???

Subject: RE: Is there anyone who can help me???
From: "Paal Eriksen" <pserik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 12:01:46 CEST
Thanks, it was the problem.

Steven

From: Ben Robb <Ben@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:48:45 +0100

<xsl:script> is a microsoft extension... but from what I understand about
it, it is not for client side javascripts as one would use in html.

<xsl:script> tags are interpreted while the parser is transforming the xml,
not written out into the result tree (in fact the same can be said for all
tags in the xsl namespace). In order to have JavaScript written to the
resultant HTML (and interpreted by the browser), you must use the usual html
tag: <script>.

Hence you may have a xsl page something like:

<xsl:stylesheet ...>
<xsl:template match="/">
 <head>
 <script language="Javascript"><![CDATA[
	function myAlert() {
  		window.status="Welcome to my homepage";
	}
 ]]></script>
 </head>
<xsl:for-each select="main_news/news/title">
	<li/><xsl:value-of select="./@headline"/></a>
		</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>