How to concatenate the contents of a sequence of similar elements

Subject: How to concatenate the contents of a sequence of similar elements
From: "Ed Nixon" <ed.nixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:51:52 -0400
I'm trying to put together a demo in support of a funding request for a
project. I'm very new to XSLT and, as usual, have a deadline.

The task is to convert a smallish Word file to XML and then demonstrate the
flexibility of formatting output for multiple purposes using style sheets.

Here is a snippet of XML that derives from Rick Geimer's excellent Omnimark
utility, RTF2XML:
<section>
 bold="on">
  <string fontname="TIMES" fontsize="19" bold="on">1.(1)Clause 8 (1) (a)
   of the </string>
  <string fontname="TIMES" fontsize="19" bold="on" italic="on">More
   Money for All Amendment</string>
  <string fontname="TIMES" fontsize="19" bold="on"> is deleted and the
   following substituted:</string>
 ... <!-- more 'p' elements -->
</section>

You'll notice that there are three 'string' elements in a sequence due to
the change in font style.

May I have suggestions as to how to concatenate content of the three into
one, say, 'para' tag?

Thanks.                     ...edN