Re: XSL FO conformance

Subject: Re: XSL FO conformance
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 21:17:37 +0100 (BST)
Paul Grosso writes:
 > >"extended". But Appendix C does not do the same for properties. Is
 > >there a list somewhere which I have missed?
 >
 > See "C.3 Property Table: Part II", the fifth column of that table.

fifth column? I only see 3. I assume Netscape has failed to print the
subsequent ones.... grrr.

<irony>any chance of a version of the XSL FO spec produced using a
decent XSL FO engine?</irony>

 > The OASIS (nee SGML Open) Exchange Table Model [1] that is one of the
 > most widely implemented ones includes table headers but not table
 > footers.  So in this case, it might not be "able to implement"
 > issues, but "already deployed software, interfaces, documents,
 > and user-education" issues that put table-footer in the extended
 > category.  Certainly, that is my position.

thanks. I will not say I agree with the philosophy (!), but now I understand.

 > list-item-body."  I believe that is intended to mean that *some*
 > implementation of list-item-label (i.e., that described as the fallback)
 > must be implemented in all (e.g., basic) implementations, but the full
 > semantic (that also handles multi-line labels) is an extended feature.

ok, thats fine. i am now clearer on this bit

sebastian