RE: Multiple XML files for one XSL file

Subject: RE: Multiple XML files for one XSL file
From: Linda van den Brink <lvdbrink@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:08:22 +0200
I don't know what exactly you are trying to do and which processor you are
using. Maybe it would help if you tell us.

> <xsl:template match='order_info'>
>
>      <!-- reference an external file -->
>      <xsl:apply-templates select="document('external.xml')"/>
>
>      <xsl:apply-templates select="order_info"/>

This template matches 'order_info' elements, and you ask it to apply
templates for 'order_info' elements! This would result in a non-terminating
loop and it looks like that's what's troubling your processor. See section
5.4 'Applying template rules' of the xslt spec.

Linda