Re: feature request

Subject: Re: feature request
From: James Robertson <jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:40:49 +1000
At 18:19 16/05/2000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

James Robertson writes:
 > Half-jokingly:
 >
 > So this is the way of the future for XSLT?
 >
 > If you can't support something in a way that
 > works (entities), attempt to
 > convince people that they shouldn't even want
 > them in the first place ... ?

I don't think its fair to blame XSL for all this. It is going with the
flow of things like SAX and DOM, which do not provide access to
entities. For XSLT to do otherwise would be to place a much bigger
burden on the implementors.

I really don't have a bit stake in this issue, but ...

Is it better to put the burden on the users or
the implementers?

This is but one of many real-word issues that
has been encountered now that XML/XSL/XPath/etc
has gone "live". If there isn't a committment
to meet real-world needs, what are we all on
about?

Just my $0.02,

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx