Re: Netscape Support for XSL - client vs server rant

Subject: Re: Netscape Support for XSL - client vs server rant
From: "Imran Rashid" <imranr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:11:45 -0500
>> I though the majority of Mozilla developers are (paid, presumably)
>> Netscape/AOL employees?
>
> I was referring to the people who are working on the XSLT piece of
> Mozilla, not one of them is getting paid for their effort.

I certainly don't have any criticisms for individuals like you who put lots
and time and effort, without any monetary reward, into giving Mozilla a XSLT
processor.  I think that wihtout folks like yourself, the XSLT community
would hardly have any tools to work with at all.  we owe you all big time.

if anything, I would criticize the netscape *corporation* for not *hiring*
somebody (or bodies) to work on giving Mozilla XSLT support, instead of just
relying on generous individuals to give them stuff.
    But even *that* may be seen as asking too much, as XSLT is new, there
aren't many developers who are very familiar with it, Netscape wants to make
sure they have something very stable in their product, they are
concentrating on other issues, etc. etc.

so my feelings are, I would *like* to see Netscape *hire* people to work on
XSLT.

Imran Rashid